- The Citizens Bank Company account numbers or credit card numbers,
- Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) or passwords,
- Social Security Number,
- Mothers Maiden Name,
- Other private information.
When you enroll for our online services, we will send you a welcome email. We may also send emails marketing various products and services offered by this Institution. We will always provide you an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out of marketing related emails.
We will also send security related email notices when you sign-up for email (“notify me”) alerts on your account(s) or whenever you change your passcode, security question, or email address.
Beware of Phishing Attempts and Internet Scams
While email is convenient and has a good business use, it can also be misused by criminals for scams and other fraudulent purposes. “Phishing emails” are used by criminals to entice the recipient to visit a fraudulent website where they try to convince the recipient to provide personal information, such as account numbers, Social Security numbers, access Ids and passcodes. Some of these fraudulent websites may be virus laden and used to download mal-ware to your computer. Fraudulent websites often look identical to a legitimate site, so it’s important to look closely at the website address.
Below we have listed a few tips to help protect your personal information on the Internet:
- Always be wary of links in emails, especially any links in emails purporting to be from the Bank.
- Please remember that if we send you an email, we will never ask for personal information such as your account number, ATM card number, PIN number, or social security number.
- If you send us an email, please do not include any confidential, personal or sensitive information in the email message, as email messages are generally not secure. We do offer secure messaging through our Internet Banking product and you may use this secure messaging feature if you need to send us sensitive or confidential information.
- Make sure that your computer always has up-to-date versions of both anti-spyware and anti-virus software.
- If you have any questions about the legitimacy of an email, especially an email from the Bank, you can call us at this number 740.984.2381.
External 3rd Party Links
Our website may include links to other 3rd party web sites. These links to external 3rd parties are offered as a courtesy and a convenience to our customers. When you visit these sites, you will leave our website and will be redirected to another site.
The Bank does not control linked 3rd party web sites. We are not an agent for these third parties nor do we endorse or guarantee their products. We make no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy of the information contained in linked sites. We suggest that you always verify the information obtained from linked websites before acting upon this information. Also, please be aware that the security and privacy policies on these sites may be different from our policies, so please read third party privacy and security policies closely.