July Blog: How to Prepare to Buy the Car of your Dreams
Buying a car is often the second-largest purchase you will ever make after buying your house. You want your car to be the best fit for you personally and financially. Here are a few things you can do in order to make a smart purchasing decision:
- Check your Credit Report and Score
- The better your score is the lower your costs can be when borrowing money. If you have established a good track record of using credit responsibly, you will be rewarded with a more affordable auto loan.
- Get pre-approved for a loan
- You can check loan rates at banks, credit unions, and other lenders. Once you have compared terms from several lenders, fill out a credit application and ask to be pre-approved. Remember do not allow anyone to pull your credit until you decide what lender you will use.
- Determine what to do with your existing vehicle
- Do you have a vehicle to trade in or sell? It helps to have a good estimate to know what it is worth. You can sell your old car to another consumer, or to a National used car chain, or you can trade it in at the dealership.
- Set your budget
- To figure out what you can spend add together your pre-approved loan amount, your trade-in value or what you made by selling your car on your own, and any cash you plan to use for a down payment. You should try to shop for cars a few thousand dollars below that total, to leave room for any taxes and fees.
The Citizens Bank Company offers competitive auto loan rates to help you find the car you’ve always wanted to own. Contact our Loan Department today by calling 740-984-2381 to speak with a Lender!
Information provided by: https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loans/auto-loans/financial-steps-buying-car/